Tuesday, December 16, 2014

XTAVA Straightner Review! Straighten UP and READ!

Hey, guys!!

Anyone who's been near me for the past ten years or so knows that I LOVE my straightener. However, that being said...for the past three years, I've stopped using it almost completely because of the damage I could FEEL taking root in my hair. The straightener that I used before was a cheap Wet-2-Dry from Wal-Mart...and my hair was in terrible condition after I used it. It felt dry, brittle, and the worst part was the STATIC! When I saw the opportunity to test a high quality, Ceramic Tourmaline Ionic Flat Iron, I jumped on it! I wondered if the quality and materials that the straightener is made of would make a difference and I found...


...that it absolutely does! Before I get into the specifics of how this product works with my hair, I'll examine the technical aspects of it. Here, I'm attaching my photo of the straightener directly out of the box. I can't tell you HOW MANY times I've purchased or ordered something to have it end up being a total disappointment when it arrived. The stock photo looks exceptionally nice. It's sleek, slender, and it has a nice matte finish. When my package arrived, I was delighted to see that it is represented accurately, and it's GORGEOUS! I was pleasantly surprised to see that it comes with a heat-proof carrying bag! 


In reading the instructions, I saw that it guaranteed a 3 minute warm-up. The straightener features an on/off sliding switch on the inside of one half and the temperature adjustment on the other half inside (you can see the temperature scale on the inside in the photo above). There are small buttons to raise or lower the temperature, and the "goal" temperature is indicated by a solid red light that moves up and down as you adjust it. After you have selected your desired temperature, you will see the entire bar blinking up to the bar that the temperature is currently at. It slowly rises as the iron warms up. When the desired temperature is reached, it beeps and you're ready to go!

The first thing I noticed was that the straightener GLIDES over my hair. There's no tugging, pulling, or resistance whatsoever. This left me concerned that I didn't get the job done in one pass. But upon examining my hair, I was delighted to see that it was straighter than it's EVER been with any iron! AND...my hair felt sleek and smooth all day! I had no static issues, and I didn't feel like my hair was screaming for mercy! I had no issues at all with my hair curling up as the day went by. It was still straight when I woke up the next morning. This product makes me regret that I have oily hair! Otherwise, I would be able to skip days on washing my hair! 

As for a rating, I would say 5/5 stars! It's a lovely product both in aesthetics and in performance! 

 SIDE NOTE HERE! I received the color "Adagio" but check out the other styles! They are SUPER cute and I would LOVE to get my hands on the Tiger print one!! It's SO cute! "Fiore" is the floral print style and "White Tiger" is the black and white style! At 34.95 (or even if it were in the $100 range) you're not going to find a better steal!! 





No comments:

Post a Comment