Friday, November 17, 2017

BornKid Handheld Retro Gaming Collection!

Bad aunt confession: I actually wanted to review this for my nephew's Christmas gift this year! Buttttttt....it's going to have to stay with me. I know, I know. I'm awful. Honestly, I've enjoyed this system so much that I'll probably be buying a few for gifts this holiday season!

When I ordered this, I expected some horrible, generic, knock-off games, and cheap plastic casing. It arrived pretty quickly, and I liked how it was packaged in a minimalistic way. It's much easier on the environment. The cardboard is very thin and the packing is super small. I'm sure this way is cheaper for the company, but don't let the "cheap" packaging fool you!

The system itself is very comfortable in adult hands. I'm sure it would be very easy for older kids to hold, too. I plan to see how my 13 month old holds it, since he's a professional at holding PlayStation controllers! This is much smaller than that.

The controls are very easy to understand. There are basic things - power, sound, select, etc. I really like that the sound can be turned down/off for when you're in public and don't want to annoy those around you.

The game list is pretty awesome, I have to say! I was VERY excited to see games like Dig Dug, Galactica, and Super Mario Bros.! The list is very extensive and includes "brand name", recognizable games and games that are obviously generic, "inspired by" games.

The only issue I have with this product is that the buttons are a little stiff. This may improve with more play time, however, I noticed that it did interfere with my ability to play (example...I wasn't able to turn as quickly in Dig Dug).

I'm going to keep playing it to try to loosen it up. Overall, though, it was a nice reminder of my childhood days playing some of the games. It would be a great gift for children and adults alike - or even a nice stocking stuffer!

No comments:

Post a Comment