Sunday, November 12, 2017

Talever Women's V-Neck A Line Cocktail Dress Review!

The holidays are fast approaching, and I've been on the lookout for something that I can wear the events that are coming up (visits with Santa, pictures, family get-togethers, etc). Nothing says "holiday" like RED. Not just red, but RED RED. That was what first drew me to this dress in particular.

I was hesitant about a couple of things. First: the bell sleeves. I know that they're trending lately (especially in the South), but I've never worn them, and I felt that they'd look dumb on me. Second: I had a sneaking suspicion that the dress was made according to Chinese sizing standards, so I didn't know what to order. I was also worried that the material would be cheap and thin.

When this dress arrived, I couldn't have been happier after trying it on. Just picking it up out of the box, I could feel that it had a heft to it. Upon opening it, the first thing that I noticed was how THICK the material is! This is FANTASTIC considering that it's getting colder and that I was worried that the material would be cheap. I also tested the stitching and found that the seams are extremely sturdy and didn't even pop.

I ordered a 2x due to my chest size but was worried that either the dress would be TOO big or that it'd STILL be too small. Luckily, the 2x fit perfectly in the chest, and was loose over the rest of my body. Although this material is thick, it still has stretch to it, so I'm sure that someone bigger than me could wear it, too. Unfortunately, the 2x is the biggest size that is offered. I'm typically a L/XL in juniors clothing and a M/L in women's.

The bell sleeves actually look adorable, and I liked how they felt! This was a bit of a surprise to me as I've never worn this style before.

Overall, I really love this dress. It became one of my favorites after wearing it one time. It'll be perfect for holiday shenanigans!

You can order your dress here.


No comments:

Post a Comment