Thursday, March 19, 2015

Lalune Naturals Organic Lip Balm Review!

Fun fact: I have issues with dry skin. In the winter, it's AWFUL. Usually, lotions will take care of it for at least a couple of hours. I have found that body butter is the very best thing to stay relieved for long periods of time (12 hours or so). Even when I've taken care of my skin, there's still the problem of my lips. I'm very picky when it comes to my lip balms, and my countertop is to show for it. I've got at least ten lip balms/ChapStiks that I've used once and left because they were too greasy, too medicated, the scent was awful, or worst: they left a terrible taste in my mouth. Another issue I have is balms making my lips look maroon instead of pink. I'm not sure if it's the ingredients or an allergic reaction, but even clear ChapStik makes my lips look darker. I've used all natural lip balms before, but I don't have them anymore. In my world, that means that they were good. That being said, I decided to review a free package of Lalune Naturals' Organic Lip Balm.


When they arrived, I noticed first that the box that they were in was a rough brown cardboard box printed with a simple black label. I LOVE it, from a graphic design standpoint! The flavors, ingredients, brand, and USDA Organic Certification are all clearly marked on the box. When I opened the package, I was pleased to see that each balm scent was marked with a different color. This makes them easy to tell apart. Next, I smelled them. The scents are light and airy without being overwhelming. The undertone of the scent is very earthy and natural. It doesn't smell like chemicals and I LOVE that.

The final, and most difficult test was use. Remember, I'm picky. I decided to use Vanilla Bean first (other scents include Asian Pear, Peppermint, and Raspberry). The balm went on smoothly and easily without any pressure. At first, I felt like the balm was greasy but it VERY quickly began to absorb. As it absorbed, the dry, cracked skin on my lips softened up and now they feel AMAZING! There isn't really a taste to these balms, but the scent is great. It's noticeable, but barely.

 I think the best part is: my lips LOOK healthy! And that problem with having maroon lips that I mentioned before? Not a problem! My lips look plump, pink, and slightly shiny. It's FANTASTIC for use with dramatic eye makeup. I'm VERY satisfied with these balms! They're the BALM (bomb...get it?)!

No comments:

Post a Comment