Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Vegetarian Quick & Easy - Under 15 Minutes by Jonathan Vine

As some of you know, my New Year's resolutions were few, but significant. I wanted to change my eating habits, improve my creative process, and learn something completely new to me. With changing my eating habits, I decided that a Vegetarian diet was the path I wanted to take. For about seven years during middle and high school, I didn't eat meat, much to my Momma's despair. Looking back, I understand her worry now. I didn't do it right. I lived on French Fries and refused to take supplements. This time around, I'm an adult, and I'm doing it right by making sure that I'm not falling into the "French Fry trap" and paying close attention to how I feel and how much protein I'm getting. Many people become overwhelmed when they consider the thought of restricting their diet SO much. If you think about it, meat is a huge part of the American diet. However, it doesn't HAVE to be hard, and that's what I discovered with Jonathan Vine's book, "Vegetarian Quick & Easy - Under 15 Minutes".

I didn't really know what to expect out of this Ebook, but I didn't expect it to be so inclusive. There really aren't any repeats of meals, and it points out common sense recipes that are often overlooked. Some of them are so simple that you wouldn't think they'd be that great, but they are! An example of this, that I found, was eggs with Avacado. I've never really eaten Avacado before, so I was pleasantly surprised when I decided to go to a random recipe and try it...NO MATTER WHAT.


I love that this book has tips on how to become a Vegetarian and make the transition easily. I also admired the fact that Mr. Vine considered that sometimes, busy moms don't always have the time to spend on extensive preparation (yes...there's sections for moms AND meals that are easy enough for kids to make!). There's even a section for romantic meals, which is great, since finding alternative dining out can be difficult for Vegetarians.

Overall, I'd say that this ebook is a fantastic resource for new and experienced Vegetarians alike, and I'm thrilled that I was selected to review it for free!

No comments:

Post a Comment