Tuesday, November 18, 2014

KidzLane Dinosaur T-Rex Room Guard with Motion Sensor Review!

Recently, I was sent a very unique product to review: the KidzLane Dinosaur T-Rex Room Guard with Motion Sensor! As a dinosaur lover myself, I was excited, but the little boy...that's a different story!! I'm so excited about this dinosaur for him because it not only fulfills the need for a toy to play with..but it's educational and exposes children to the world of dinos!

This toy is a combination of things: motion sensor and room guard AND projector! The motion sensor is located on the front of the chest and can detect motion from 1.5m away! This makes it IDEAL for keeping big/little brother/sister OUT! My favorite feature, however, is the projector! The giant lens on the chest of the dinosaur, of course, is where the image is projected from. The slot on the back of the dinosaur allows for easy insertion of the image wheel. Additionally, the dinosaur comes with two more reels of images that are GENIUS-LY stored in the back of the dinosaur, near the motion detector on/off switch.

Which leads me to...

The layout of the dinosaur is very easy to work with, and the fact that you can turn one aspect on and leave the other off is fantastic! The switch for the motion detector is in the wheel-storage compartment. The button for the projector is under the dinosaur's tail. This makes it easy to know what you're turning on and off. When you turn the projector aspect on, the dinosaur roars. That, to me, is a good indicator of battery life.



As for the motion sensor, I feel that it is accurate, based upon my "playing with" the distances that it can detect motion at.

The projector is a little more complicated than that. It took me a minute, but I finally figured it out! NOTE: If you read the instructions immediately, you don't have to "figure it out", as the instructions are VERY clear! Basically, you turn the projector on, insert the wheel, and the image is projected. However, to adjust the sharpness of the image at different distances, simple move the right arm of the dinosaur up and down until the image comes into focus. I'm very impressed at this aspect of the toy simply because it allows for a variety of distances to be used, rather than one, like most projector-style toys do.

Overall, I think that a lot of thought and consideration when into the creation, design, and use of this toy and I would HIGHLY recommend it for your dinosaur lover!









 I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment