Thursday, February 19, 2015

Dead Sea Products...Alive in Mainstream!

A while back I was asked to review Adovia's 100% Pure Dead Sea Bath Salts. I'm not really much of a bath person...I don't really have time to slow down. I'm more of a 5 minute shower person, unless it's the weekend. Then, it's a 10 to 15 minute shower, tops. However, I'm always about trying new things, so I figured that I would give the Dead Sea Bath Salts a go! On top of that, I was intrigued by the "Dead Sea" trend that I had been noticing lately. Now, I'm a skeptic. I'm not just going to ingest or jump into a tub of unknown solution. I had to do my research first, and what I found was interesting.

The Dead Sea is located in Jordan and is known world-wide for it's healing properties. The main of these being the salt baths and mud masks. Both of the treatments are used to draw impurities out of the body and restore balance. There are speculations that the benefits go into the mythical realm, but for the purpose of my review, I will stick with science.

Statistically, the Dead Sea is single body of water with the highest sodium content. It possesses 27% while most sea water holds only 3%! What a difference! In normal sea water, sodium is the main contributor to the composition. In Dead Sea water, the composition lies mostly with magnesium, potassium, calcium chloride and bromides. The salinity is so high that your buoyancy changes! You float!

There are SO many benefits to a Dead Sea Salt bath, but I'll just outline a few below!

Magnesium is important for stress levels. The bath itself is relaxing, but Magnesium helps in that it calms the nervous system. It has an added benefit of slowing skin aging! Potassium helps in that it gives you renewed energy and helps to balance the moisture of your skin (great for oily OR dry skin!). Calcium is absorbed into the body and fortifies nails and bones. And finally, Sodium strengthens the immune system. These baths help to replace what you naturally lose over the course of the day/week.

Results for Dead Sea baths include HIGH percentages of relief with arthritis. Dr. J. Arndt did a survey of adults suffering from the affliction and had great results. I'm talking 60-70-80%! Another study by Dr. J. Arndt shows that the baths helped significantly with psoriasis by reducing itching significantly! In both studies, there were NO noted side effects.


That being said, I say: everything in moderation. Being exposed to these minerals for short amounts of time is beneficial but you CAN get too much of a good thing. Though I'm sure the content of a bath isn't the same as the sea, it is recommended that you stay in the sea for no longer than 15 minutes. I did feel a little odd when I spent over an hour in the bath (I didn't research the time limit until AFTER the fact!) but I slept AMAZINGLY every time I've taken the Dead Sea salt bath! I've experimented with regular baths and they don't have the same effect.

My skin is the main problem I was hoping to get relief for. I literally dig and dig and DIG at my legs. They get cracked and dry and I'm just miserable! I have had SUCH AMAZING results with my dry skin that I will buy more salts when my free product review bag is gone!

Specifically, with this brand, a few things to note: I love the bag size! A bag this large will last a long time in 1 cup increments of use. It is easy to reseal (I used a small piece of tape) and easy to pour. The salt dissolved quickly in hot water and didn't leave a greasy/filmy feel in my tub or on my body. The communication between myself and Adovia was fantastic, so I am confident that if any questions or concerns arrive, they would get back with you as soon as possible and very quickly!

Please excuse the stock images! I will have my own uploaded when I am back near my bag tonight! I just had to let you guys know about my experience! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment