Sunday, May 3, 2015

+Lifeguard Battery Bar Review!

One of my biggest pet peeves is a dead cell phone battery. Being away from home so much means that I need to stay connected. Through having multiple obligations outside of work and a love for exploring and film photography, there's not much time for me to actually plug in to a wall power source.

When offered the opportunity to review a Lifeguard Portable Battery Charger for free, I was super excited! This device would allow me to be prepared, no matter the situation, and would offer a convenience that would be dearly appreciated!

The first thing that I noticed when I received the bar was that it was heavy in my hand. The metal casing is sleek and black and heavy duty. There's no fear of breaking the thing if I drop it! The bar is about as tall as my phone is and is perhaps 1/2" to 3/4" wide. It is rectangular, but the edges are rounded out, so it's easy to slip into my pocket without sharp edges. When I connected my phone through the provided mini-usb cable, a light near the Lifeguard logo lit up  (blue). That let me know that my phone was charging and that the portable charger still had "juice".

The bar is very straightforward and easy to use. The mini-usb port is labeled "input" for when the bar itself needs to be charged. The standard usb port is labeled "output" for when a device needs to be charged.

I have used this portable charger with my phone and my iPad, and am happy to report that it can charge my phone fully multiple times on one charge. It keeps my iPad running when the battery is low, however, it isn't for as long as my phone (perhaps due to larger screen size and more advanced operations). The bar itself takes a couple of hours to charge, but can be done in your "down time" or can be left on a charger when you are out for the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment