Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Lesser Known Supplement Review: Milk Thistle!

In my product review journey, I've been offered many supplements. As appealing as "free" may seem, I'm very picky about what I will actually ingest as, you know, it's my LIFE! Usually, I will accept fish oil, biotin, calcium, and the like. When offered the opportunity to test a milk thistle supplement for free, I did a little research, and decided that it was something I might want to try.

With any given supplement, there are benefits that one hopes to gain by taking it. In my research, I found that milk thistle is a relative of the daisy, and was mostly used to treat liver issues such as jaundice, hepatitis, and gallbladder issues. Other benefits it had were lowering cholesterol and helping with type 2 diabetes. It is important to realize that there isn't really enough scientific evidence to support these claims. Research is still in the beginning stages.

The main benefit of milk thistle at this point is as an antioxidant. It's basically a liver flush. When you think about all that the liver processes and passes through, it can't hurt to have a little antioxidant. I wouldn't bank on this supplement to reverse liver damage, but a little natural cleansing is definitely not out of the question.

As for VitaPure Products' supplement, I found that the capsules were easy to swallow and didn't stick in my throat. They didn't have an overwhelming odor, the label was written in clear, easy to understand English. It clearly shows the ingredients and the amount. It also provides plenty of contact information for any questions that may arise. Many supplements do not provide this. The label looks professionally designed and graphically sound. The lid was safety sealed to the bottle.

While I have no evidence of actually being detoxed, I'll give it the benefit of the doubt. I had no negative side effects or issues with taking the supplement.

If you're considering this supplement, please research to see if you're part of the audience who should NOT take this supplement. I highly suggest using WebMD when looking for this information.

No comments:

Post a Comment