Wednesday, June 24, 2015

"Pup: A Novel of Accidental Heroism" Review!

Recently, I was offered the opportunity to review "Pup: A Novel of Accidental Heroism". I was excited because the combination of title and cover art intrigued me. I also had the feeling that it was war-based, and I'm a big fan of reading all of the different sides of a conflict...even if some aren't exactly true. 

Luckily, "Pup" played into my thirst for this kind of literature and in a great way!! The story is about John Z. Pupulowinazowski (Pup) and his experiences with being drafted into the second Korean war. I don't want to expose too much, but this book is SO CHARMING in how it's told. If you're a fan of the movie "Big Fish", you're going to love this! It's charming, funny, whimsy, and endearing. The story is told as if Pup is telling his family about his experiences. 

I really like that the personality of the characters, setting, and even the complexity of the experiences all shine through! 

If you're looking for an excellent read that won't leave you bored and will break up the mundaneness of reading unknown-after-unknown book, I HIGHLY suggest "Pup: A Novel of Accidental Heroism"! 

No comments:

Post a Comment